Due to the pandemic the day centre is currently closed – you can contact
via email email@example.com or
telephone: 07595 275 917 or 07590 046 891
We are worked very closely with Harlow District Council to ensure all rough sleepers were found appropriate accommodation by 23rd March 2020 and once this was achieved we closed the day centre as it was not compliant with government guidelines regarding social gatherings. We do not when we will be able to re-open the centre but have found alternative ways of delivering essential services to those in need.
Currently our services include:
• Responding to reports of new rough sleepers – this is not a task and finish exercise, unfortunately we are dealing with ongoing new cases being reported by the public or self-referring. Our outreach workers will go out to the location where someone has reported a rough sleeper, staying compliant with social distancing guidance, assessing the individuals needs and seeking appropriate accommodation immediately. Where a self-referral has been made the individual is assessed remotely (if possible) or within safe distance at the centre.
• Welfare calls to our clients regularly to check on their health and well-being, offering support when needed and keeping them informed of the situation
• For our clients who have underlying health issues or who have displayed symptoms of the virus we are delivering essential items and medications.
• Liaising with local letting agents and landlords to ensure there is availability of accommodation
• Providing essential household items once accommodation has been secured
• Supporting clients who have no recourse to public funds
• Working with partners to ensure essential services can continue
• Working closely with Harlow Council to ensure those who are placed in hotels are supported to more suitable accommodation as soon as possible
• Provision of welfare packs to those who are struggling
We will be working hard over the coming weeks and months to ensure those who are in accommodation can remain so rather than return to being homeless.